July 16, 2014 By Pres Ⓡ Staging Resource Centre
Having the ‘right’ mindset is critical to every home staging entrepreneurs’ success. Our thoughts or beliefs shape our lives and allow us to make the decisions that we make in life and in our business. Interesting that studies show that most people fill their heads with negative thoughts! Negative thinking can be a bad habit that some people are addicted to and if they spend a lot of time reading newspapers and/or watching news then 90% of that news is negative because it’s what sells!
I like this simple definition of ‘Mindset’:
And beliefs are thoughts that you keep thinking over and over whether they are making your life or home staging business better or not. Your current business reality reflects your beliefs and the expectations/results that arise from your beliefs. Do you see yourself as successful or as a failure?
The good news is that you can change your negative thoughts into positive thoughts, and once you have more positive thoughts you believe more positive things are possible in your life and business. And more importantly,
If you change a belief your expectations will change too.
And once your expectations change you create a new reality for yourself. Now I’m not saying it’s easy but there are several techniques that you can use to change your beliefs and reprogram your thoughts. You could study NLP (neuro linguistic programming) or practice EFT (emotional freedom technique) but here is a simpler solution:
Whenever a negative thought comes into your mind, find the best that you can in that situation so that you create a positive thought.
And once you continue to be aware of a negative thought, you can thank it for sharing, and ask it to leave. Replace it with a new thought focused on what you want your reality to be. As a home stager it makes sense that you want to attract great ideal clients and create a thriving business.
Changing your thoughts and non-serving beliefs takes time and practice. Be patient with yourself and start now, one thought at a time…
Here are a few suggestions that might just work for you:
- Start hanging around with more positive like-minded people and get in their energy it will help lift you up
- Get clear on what it is you want in your home staging business – find out what business model works for you and immerse yourself in creating success
- Set your intention before you start your work so that you know what results you are expecting – every day and long term
- Stay focused on attaining the goals that you set but keep them realistic and attainable
- If you go off course, correct and continue and high-five yourself for getting as far as you have in your business
- Celebrate all your successes – you raise your energy level by acknowledging what has worked well for you and what you have learned
- Expect what you want to happen – see it in your mind’s eye and hang around with people who are successful – create a vision board that shows your success
- Model behavior that you admire and that makes you feel good – if you know another home stager who is massively successful check out what they are doing on social media sites and sign up for their newsletter
- Everything happens for a reason and that reason is there to serve you – find the lesson in your situation and learn from it
- When negative mindfrick happens – say ‘thanks for sharing’ and think a positive thought – what’s the best thing that can happen next
- Spend a lot less time watching the news and reading about negative news – read uplifting books or get daily quotations that get you in the right mindset
Having a ‘winner’s mindset’ might take a little time for you, or you may already have that mindset. You’ve heard the expression ‘If you think you can, you can and if you think you can’t you can’t’. There are hundreds of home stagers who ‘think they can’ and who are creating successful home staging businesses and that is what is making this such a great industry to be part of!